History of Trevor’s Tank (Dilwara Road, Mount Abu, Rajasthan)

History of Trevor's Tank, Dilwara Road, Mount Abu, Rajasthan
  • Trevor’s Tank was constructed in the year 1897 by Maharaja Shri Kesari Singh Ji Bahadur of Sirohi State in memory of late Colonel G. H. Trevors (The agent to the Governor General Of India from 1890-1895 at Rajputana).
  • At that time the cost of reservoir was 34675 rupees.
  • In the year 1932 Maharaja Shri Swaroop Singh Ji Sirohi constructed Swaroop Rest House at the northern end of reservoir.
  • This place is ideal for bird watching as 112 species of birds are found here.
  • Mount Abu is a location for rare species and one of them is wild rose.