History of Jehangir Wadia Road, Udvada, Gujarat

History of Jehangir Wadia Road, Udvada, Gujarat

(excerpt)

  • This road was constructed by Bai Motlibai Manekji Wadia Daughter of Jehangir Nasserwan jee Wadia at her own expense for the free use of all & Zoroastrians coming to pay homage to Udwada’s ancient Atash Behram.
  • The construction of this road was started in 1895.
  • On 6th November, 1896 this road was declared open.
  • This Arch was damaged and broken by heavy rains on July 28, 2006 and therefore reconstructed in November 2006 by the trustees of N. M. Wadia Charities.