Naval Aviation Museum is situated at Bogmalo road, Vasco da Gama in Mormugoa taluka of South Goa district – approx. 4 km from Dabolim airport is a location that talks about Naval Aviation history And display Aircraft, Helicopters etc. etc. As two of our family member were/is within army the curiosity was present to visit to aware self about a subject which as a civilian I know a little maybe. I finally on-drive.
36 km from Panjim via crossing St. Lawrence Agassaim chowk (NH 17) passing close to Goa Airport finally I was at Museum.
– Implanted on 12th October 1998
Rs. 20 per person – The ticket and Rs. 20 extra if carrying digital normal camera.
The outdoor section and The indoor gallery. The gallery divided into various rooms displaying Gun, Aircraft Rocket, Radar, Sensors, ejection seat, life-saving equipments and talks about the History of Naval Aviation.
– 1947, 10 year plan was prepared by National Head Quarters envisaged two fleets with two light carriers
– March 1949, 10 officers were sent to United Kingdom for pilot training
– February 1953, first batch of Sealand aircraft joined
– 1953, four pilots awarded wings by IAF
– 1956 it was decided Navy should have aircraft carrier for coastline defense
– Sagar Pawan – Indian Navy aerobatic team one of the only two naval aerobatic teams in the world
– Tail-hookers made their beginning into the Indian Navy in the year 1960
And many more..
Timings: 10 am – 5 pm (all days)
The knowledge enhanced – better than before.
And read somewhere – no amount of condolence will be able to compensate kith and kin of those killed during War. May soul rest in peace And no war anywhere.
Peace with Love – definitely.
Gandhi ji said : I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent.
Naval Aviation Museum is worth a visit to know History of Naval Aviation, technology of aircraft and its equipments since independence till recent years. And not to forget close-look of various aircraft/helicopters/radar such as Alize – Three Seater Aircraft, Fire Fly – Two Seater Aircraft, Hughes – Two Seater Light Helicopter, Seahawk – A Single Seat Carrier Borne Ground Attack Fighter and many more..