Ms. Aida Menezes Braganca – The current mansion owner with a smile welcoming visitors by opening the main entrance gate of the first floor And the tour inside.
16th century mansion built in three stages having 28 balconies 8 bedrooms And is look after by the current owner And her friend Ms. Judith as well as 7 maids And 3 carpenters round-the-year.
Antiques displayed neatly – well maintained
– Paintings at the back of the glass by Chinese artist
– Plates handmade hand painted 250 years old having Coat of Arms of the family
– Jar 200 years old
– Buddha 100 years old
– Rosewood furniture made by local carpenters 260 years back
– Crystal from Brazil, Amber from Burma, Chinese furniture made of Ebony wood
– Chinese washbasin
– Bed-covers displayed over bed by Aida Menezes Braganca
– Initials of Great Grandfather
– Crystals from Murano
– Study-room of father-in-law And the last portrait
– Belgium chandeliers, Italian marble flooring, mirrors covered with real gold
– German piano 250 years old(not in condition to play)
– Common dining hall of the family 275 years old
– The house Infirmary(now not in use)
And many more…
The brightness And the bigness – Yep dream in-real visited for sure
When family was financially stressed unable to maintain opened the mansion for public visit. With visitors contribution house maintenance is done. The ceiling has been restored three times. Earlier it was in wood And was damaged by termites.
Visitors delight for sure specially if one is interested within History/Colonial mansions.
If not, is visitors delight for sure if haven’t visited till-date.